Due to numerous power outages, downed trees, downed power lines, we are asking residents to please stay off of the roads this morning if at all possible. Multiple major intersections are without functional street lights this morning.
If you must drive and you encounter one of these intersections, they are to be treated as 4-way stops.
City crews and emergency personnel are currently in the process of:
• Clearing streets of sleet
• Compiling lists of powerlines down, trees in streets and traffic obstructions
• Clearing streets of trees and other impediments as well as placing barricades where necessary
• Responding to all calls including weather related issues
• Working closely with Duke Energy to assist them in power restoration efforts.
If you have downed power lines, trees on power lines, or are without power, please contact Duke Energy to report these issues at 1-800-769-3766.
-Red Cross will be opening a shelter at Graham Recreation Center (311 College Street, Graham) at 9:00am on 3/7. A second shelter at Lamb's Chapel (415 Roxboro Road, Haw River) will open at 3:00pm.
-Friday sanitation routes were not completed on 3/7. The remainder of this route will be collected on Monday, March 10th. Please have carts to the street by 7:00am. Please call 222-5111 with questions regarding City sanitation.
-A list of parks and recreation facility operating hours for the weekend of 3/8 and 3/9 is located here: http://burlingtonnc.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=972