The City of Burlington offers even more ways to pay utility and tax bills with the recent addition of a new building and online bill payment. Citizens can now choose to mail, drop off, drive-thru, setup a bank draft or pay bills online.
“We try to offer citizens as many options as possible,” said Frank Hope, Director of Administrative Services/Revenue Collections. “In this busy day and age, we understand that customers have hectic schedules… we like to provide as much convenience as possible.”
Customers now have the following methods of payment available to them:
1. Municipal Building at 425 South Lexington Avenue
• In-Person: Customer Service is open on the second floor in Suite 207; Available from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday*
• Drop-Box (Available 24/7 next to the building’s back entrance)
2. 244 West Davis Street Building (Former First Union bank building)
• Drive-Thru Service only available from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday*
• Drop-Box (Available 24/7 on the building’s side)
• Online bill payment; click on “View/Pay Utility Bills” in the left-side menu; a $1.99 transaction fee is applied to online payments only.
4. By Mail
• Payments may be mailed to P.O. Box 1358, Burlington, NC 27216-1358
5. By Recurring Bank Draft
• Contact 336-222-5100 and ask about the City of Burlington’s Utility Bank Draft Plan