Results of the recent general election were solidified at the December 4, 2007 Burlington City Council meeting. Current councilmember, Ronnie K. Wall, was sworn into office as Burlington’s new mayor. Incumbent David R. Huffman retained his post, while a newcomer, Jim Butler was sworn in for his first term. With the restructuring of the Council a vacant seat was created with Mayor Wall’s appointment. As a result, Council is seeking individuals who are interested in filling the spot.
All individuals interested in being appointed to the vacant seat on the Burlington City Council shall comply with the following process:
• An individual should submit a letter of interest for the vacant Burlington City Council seat.
• Letter must contain contact information, i.e., name, home address, phone number(s) and signature of individual.
• Letter should be addressed to City Clerk Jondeen Terry.
• Letter should be hand-delivered to Clerk Terry at City Hall or mailed to her attention at the City of Burlington, PO Box 1358, Burlington, NC 27216.
• Letters must be received by Wednesday, December 12, 2007, at 4:00 PM.
• Envelope must be labeled as “Letter of Interest in City Council Seat.”
All letters will be opened on December 12, 2007, at 4:00 PM. Letters will be copied and immediately hand-delivered to City Council members. Copies of these letters will be available to the public/media at 4:45 PM on December 12, 2007.