Water Exercise Classes
Shallow Water Classes:
- Monday & Wednesday, 9:10-10:00 am
- Tuesday & Thursday, 6:10-7:00 pm
Deep Water Exercise Classes:
- Tuesday & Thursday, 9:10-10:00 am
- Wednesday, 9:10-10:00 am
- Monday & Wednesday, 6:10-7:00 pm
- Saturday, 9:10-10:00 am (moves to North Park Pool June 4th!)
Fees/Options: Your first class is FREE! Reservations required. Reserve now.
|Water Exercise Class Fee Type||13-15 yrs||18-54 yrs||55+ yrs|
|Class Entrance Fee (per visit)||$5.00||$7.00||$5.00|
| Class Pass Options*|
*unused visits expire 1 yr from purchase date
Water exercise is great for all fitness levels and age groups. It can help you get in shape, burn calories, strengthen core muscles and have fun along the way! Bring a swimsuit, towel and water bottle, and come on out to the pool. Water shoes are recommended. Participants may enter the facility/pool 10 minutes prior to class time. Class size is limited to 20 for the shallow water class and 9 for the deep water class.
Reservations are required! Reserve now. Mix or match days and times at your convenience by choosing the reservation times that work best for you! There is no charge to reserve - payment is made upon entry. For information on how to reserve a spot, please refer to Maynard Aquatic Center for details on using our reservation system. If you need assistance, please call (336) 222-5043.
10 Reasons to Try Water Exercise
- Joint Protection. Thanks to the buoyant properties of the water, body "weight" can be reduced as much as 75-90%, cushioning joints and protecting them from the shock of impact.
- Resistance. Water provides more resistance than air, burning more fat than on land and helping muscles become balanced and toned.
- Calorie Burn. Water aerobics can burn anywhere from 400-600 calories an hour.
- Cooling Effect. Water cools the body to help prevent over-heating.
- Health. It can strengthen the heart and lungs, improve endurance, reduce blood pressure and help balance blood sugar.
- Joint Pain. It can help relieve the pain of joint issues, increase flexibility and keep you mobile.
- Relaxation. It can help relieve stress and anxiety.
- Feel self-conscious or uncoordinated when exercising? No one can really see what you are doing underwater!
- When you're having a bad hair day, we won't even notice!
- You get a free warm shower! (Not to mention a discount if you purchase a 10 or 25 Visit Pass!)
- Bonus reason: It's fun and a great way to make new friends! Hope to see you soon!