Water exercise is great for all fitness levels and age groups. It can help you get in shape, burn calories, strengthen core muscles and have fun along the way! Check out the benefits that a water exercise class with us can provide:
- Joint Protection.Thanks to the buoyant properties of the water, body "weight" can be reduced as much as 75-90%, cushioning joints and protecting them from the shock of impact.
- Resistance. Water provides more resistance than air, burning more fat than on land and helping muscles become balanced and toned.
- Calorie Burn. Water aerobics can burn anywhere from 400-600 calories an hour.
- Cooling Effect. Water cools the body to help prevent over-heating.
- Health. It can strengthen heart and lungs, improve endurance, reduce blood pressure and help balance blood sugar.
- Joint Pain. It can help relieve the pain of joint issues, increase flexibility and keep you mobile.
- Relaxation.It can help relieve stress and anxiety.
- Feel self-concious or uncoordinated when exercising? No one can really see what you are doing underwater!
- When you're having a bad hair day, we won't even notice!
- You get a free hot shower! (Not to mention a 20-44% discount if you purchase a Punch Card or even more with an Annual Pass!)
- Bonus reason! It's fun and a great way to make new friends! Hope to see you soon! @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
where do the water exercise classes take place?
All classes are held at Maynard Aquatic Center, 1402 Overbrook Road, Burlington, NC 27215 Directions
Please note that reservations are currently required!
Though normally a drop-in program, COVID-19 has necessitated some changes to our normal operation in order to maintain a safe environment,. Class options have been narrowed to:
Shallow Water Exercise, T/Th 6-6:50 pm
For more information on reserving a spot in class, please refer to Maynard Aquatic Center for details on using our reservation system. You may also call us at 336.222.5043.
How much does it cost?
Your first class is FREE! Bring a swim suit, towel and water bottle, and come on out to the pool. Water shoes recommended.
|Class Pricing Options||Fee
|First Time Trial Class||Free|
|Daily Drop-In, per class||$5|
|10 Class Punch Card||$40|
|25 Class Punch Card||$70|
|Annual Membership Pass
(includes unlimited classes)