Public Services Applications - Deadline Friday March 31, 2023
Application Link Here
CDBG Public Service Grants
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program provides grant funds to non-profit 501(c)3 agencies and community organizations to be used for activities and projects benefiting low and moderate-income persons.
Applicants must be a certified 501(c)3 organization to apply. Only one application per organization will be accepted.
All activities must meet all CDBG guidelines and regulations established by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and other local restrictions. Programs and activities must benefit low to moderate income individuals and families within the city of Burlington. While churches may use CDBG funds to sponsor eligible community activities, the activities may not be religious in nature, directly or indirectly, or be limited to or predominantly for members of specific churches.
- Activities for Seniors (delivery of nutritious meals, health and safety, group activities to help them maintain cognition and connection to their communities)
- Adult Literacy Programs
- After-School and Summer Academic Enrichment programs for youth
- Crime and Public Safety
- Health and Wellness Fairs to raise awareness of chronic health conditions within minority populations
- Job Readiness and employment skill enhancement
- Neighborhood and Housing Improvement
- Neighborhood Organizing and Organizational Development
- Parenting Classes
- Program delivery for Homeless individuals and families
- Purchase of Food and Supplies for local Food Banks
- Substance and Alcohol Abuse Prevention, Counseling and Treatment