- Animal Services
- Pet Help Resources
- Veterinary Care
Find a Veterinarian
Click here for a list of veterinarians in Alamance County
Local & Regional Low- Cost Clinics offering wellness care
- The Spay and Neuter Clinic of Alamance County 1919 S. Church Street, Burlington, NC (336) 570-6767
- Humane Society of the Piedmont, 4527 West Wendover Avenue Greensboro NC (336) 299-3999
- Piedmont Communities Spay & Neuter Wellness Clinic 1910 North Church Street, Ste. E, Greensboro, NC 27405 (336) 333-5336
- Sheets Pet Clinic 809 Chimney Rock Court, Greensboro NC 27409 (336) 852-8488
- Spay-Neuter Assistance Program of North Carolina (SNAP-NC) P.O. Box 278, New Hill, NC 27562 (919) 783-7627
Spay/Neuter Assistance Programs
- The $20 FIX assists low-income families in Alamance and Orange Counties with getting their pets fixed for $20 or Free
- The Humane Society of Alamance County offers a low-cost spay/neuter voucher program
- Animal Resource Friends assists with the cost of spay/neuter for families in need in Alamance county and surrounding areas
- Feral Cat Assistance Program $10 spay/neuter for feral cats- clinics are held once monthly.
- Caswell Pet Lifeline assists with the cost of spay/neuter for families in need in Caswell County
Veterinary Care Assistance
In addition, organizations such as those listed below may be able to provide financial assistance to pet owners in need. Please keep in mind that each organization is independent and has its own set of rules and guidelines; therefore, you will have to investigate each one separately to determine if you qualify for assistance:
- The Humane Society of Alamance County
- Pet Adoption and Welfare Society of Alamance County
- The Mr. Mo Project assists with veterinary care for senior pets
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) 866-443-5738 firstname.lastname@example.org AAHA can award grant for needed medical care (non-elective or emergency procedures) for sick or injured companion animals.
- Banfield Foundation Pet Advocacy Grants fund programs that help pets and their families stay together. The Banfield Foundation funding priorities are focused on programs that provide a direct solution to avoid surrender or separation of companion pets from families. Link to application: https://www.tfaforms.com/432674
- Brown Dog Foundation It is the mission Brown Dog Foundation to offer pet owners in temporary financial crisis an alternative to euthanasia when their pet faces a treatable life-threatening condition in order to restore the quality of life for pet and owner.
- Handicapped Pets Foundation 603-637-2200 Info@Hpets.org The Handicapped Pets foundation donates mobility equipment to pets in need.
- Help-A-Pet Help-A-Pet provides financial assistance nationwide for the medical care of pets whose owners are unable to afford the expense.
- The Pet Fund 916-443-6007 The Pet Fund provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need veterinary care. Often animals are put down or suffer needlessly because their owners cannot afford expensive surgery or medical treatment. Companion animal owners must often make the difficult decision to put an animal down or neglect medical needs because of the costs involved.
- RedRover Relief 916-429-2457 info@RedRover.org The RedRover Relief program provides financial and emotional support to Good Samaritans, animal rescuers and pet owners to help them care for animals in life-threatening situations and resources to help victims of domestic violence escape abusive environments with their pets.
- Sergei Foundation Sergei Foundation, Inc. is a North Carolina non-profit organization (501c3) that provides veterinary financial aid to those families who cannot afford emergency care when there's no place else to turn. The Sergei Foundation first serves residents of North Carolina with a focus in the Piedmont Triad area, but will assist nationally if funds are available.
- Shakespeare Animal Fund Shakespeare Animal Fund provides the essential funding to ensure that our community's elderly, disabled, returning veterans, and low-incomee families will not have to put down or say goodbye to a suffering pet because they can't afford to pay for emergency care.
- Waggle Waggle is a crowdfunding platform that connects donors with pet parents in medical crises with their pets to support them with lifesaving care.
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners (IAADP) IAADP has established an emergency veterinary fund to provide financial aid to United States IAADP Partner Members whose assistance dogs require high cost veterinary intervention beyond their ability to pay.
Dogs with Cancer
- The Magic Bullet Fund The Magic Bullet Fund provides financial assistance for canine cancer treatment only when the family is financially unable to provide treatment.
- CorgiAid CorgiAid is a nonprofit organization founded to provide financial assistance to corgis and corgi mixes.
- Doberman911 Doberman911 is an organization of people with a common goal of helping senior and special needs Dobermans.
- Labrador Life Line Labrador Life Line provides financial assistance to Lab owners and rescuers in need
- Pit Bull Rescue Central (PBRC) The PBRC website is a virtual shelter and resource for owners and caretakers of American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, and pit bull mixes
- Pyramedic Trust (for Great Pyrenees) Pyramedic Trust provides financial assistance for Great Pyrenees’s owners/rescuers whose Great Pyrenees are in need of emergency medical care
- WestieMed, Inc. WestieMed helps rescued Westies in need of medical attention.