- Police Department
- Report a Crime
Report a Crime
Welcome to the Burlington Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the City of Burlington city limits?
- There are NO known suspects?
- This did not occur on a interstate/highway?
If the answers to all of the above statements are TRUE, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered FALSE to any of the above statements, please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given an online police report tracking number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Burlington Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
Property Damage, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, and Thefts
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page and choose appropriately. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If the incident you are reporting is not listed in the selection list, please call the Burlington Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 336-229-3501) to file your report.