Guilford-Mackintosh Park & Marina
1345 NC HWY 61
Whitsett, NC 27377
(336) 449-2078 | Directions
- John boats are available for rent, but renters MUST provide their own Coast Guard-approved life jacket/PFD and show it prior to renting.
- Kayak & canoe rentals will begin Easter weekend, weather permitting. Renters MUST provide their own Coast Guard-approved life jacket/PFD and show it prior to renting.
Guilford-Mackintosh Park & Marina is operated by the City of Burlington. It is located on Lake Mackintosh in Guilford County. Lake Mackintosh covers almost 1500 acres with a shoreline of over 60 miles. Fishing, boating and paddling are allowed at this marina. Only boats with electric trolling motors or no motors are allowed to launch from this site.
Features & Amenities
- Boat Ramps (concrete ramps for boat trailers & a sandy beach for kayaks/canoes/SUP)
- Kayaks & Canoe Rentals (seasonal)
- Rowboats Rentals
- Hiking/Biking Trail - with a 1, 2, and a 3-mile loop. View the trail map here.
- Open-Air Shelter (available for rent)
- Picnic Sites (with picnic tables and grills)
- Sand volleyball court
- Horseshoe Pit
- Pier & Bank Fishing
Because the lake is the primary water reserve for the City of Burlington, no swimming, wading or personal watercraft is permitted on the lake.
|Guilford Mackintosh is closed every Wednesday & Thursday|
|January 1 - 31 (Open Friday, Saturday & Sunday only)||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|February 1 - March 12||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|March 13 - April 17||7:00 am - 6:30 pm|
|April 18 - July 31||7:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|August 1 - September 11||7:00 am - 7:30 pm|
|September 12 - October 23||7:30 am - 6:30 pm|
|October 24 - November 30||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|December 1 - 31 (Open Friday, Saturday & Sunday only)||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
Park and trails close 30 minutes prior to gate closing. All bank fishing and rental boats end 30 minutes prior to closing. No boats are allowed to launch 90 minutes prior to closing. In the event of inclement weather, the lake may close early.
Fees: Rentals, Fishing & Boating
|RENTAL BOAT FEES*||4-Hour||Full day|
|Rowboat||-||$15 ($10 for age 60+)|
*Must be 16 years old or older to rent.
**Kayak and canoe rentals will be available when the water temperature is at least 60 degrees and combined with air temperature to equal 120 degrees. Rentals will stop when temperatures drop below 120 degrees combined.
|FISHING & BOAT LAUNCH FEES||Adults (16+)||Senior (60+)|
|Fishing (bank or pier)||$3||$2|
|Private Boat Launch||$8||$5|
|Private Kayak/Canoe/SUP Launch||$5||$3|
|Season Passes||Call marina for info and pricing.|