Host An Event - Permit Application


Interested in hosting a large public event at a City of Burlington facility?

All public events hosted on City property must fill out the Special Event Permit application and be approved through the Special Event Permitting process. Public events (and private events expecting crowds over 100 people) that are hosted at any of our City-owned parks, community centers, lakes and facilities must complete the application process. 

Completed applications must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to the proposed event date. 

Please be sure to read the Special Event Permit Guide below to accompany filling out your application.

Questions? Contact our Special Events team at or by calling 336.222.5030 opt. 4.

Permit Guide (CLICK HERE)

Permit Application (CLICK HERE)

Maps of City Facilities

Applications MUST include a map of your proposed event layout/route or they will be considered incomplete. You may use the maps linked below as a starting point. Google Maps is also a great resource for other locations.

City Park

Historic Depot

Downtown Burlington

Springwood Park

Davidson Park

Certificate of Insurance

Event hosts will be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance (COI) meeting all City of Burlington requirements for their organization as well as any food vendors, inflatable companies, etc. used at their events.

Please click here for an example COI.

Facility Rental Information

Select Recreation & Parks facilities may now be rented online using our new CivicRec registration portal. Facility Reservation payment is due IN FULL at the time of reservation.

For additional information on facility rentals, please visit our Burlington Recreation & Parks Department page or call (336) 222-5030.