Virtual Resources for Seniors
Living Health At Home
Living Healthy at Home is a program offered at no cost and includes a tool kit that you will receive in the mail and weekly phone calls in small groups. The program is hosted by the Piedmont Triad Regional Council Area Agency on Aging. Review the Living Healthy at Home flier.
Contact MaryLou White at firstname.lastname@example.org, 336-497-5610 or fill out this interest form. A staff member will be in touch within 5 business days with more details and class time options.
Mental Health Screening
It's ok to feel stressed, anxious, distracted, or sad sometimes. Everyone deals with emotions differently, and sometimes, we can't explain why we feel or act a certain way. Taking this quick, confidential mental health screening may help you figure out what you, or a loved one, are feeling and what you can do to find help or support.Start the Cardinal Innovations Healthcare mental health screening here.
exercises for everY BODYBelow find links to various types of exercises you can do at home to stay active and healthy. Just click on the link to open each video. But remember these tips to be safe and reduce risk of injury during exercise:
- Begin your exercise program slowly with low-intensity exercises.
- Wear appropriate shoes for your activity.
- Warm up before exercising, and cool down afterward.
- Pay attention to your surroundings when exercising outdoors.
- Drink water before, during, and after your workout session, even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Dress appropriately for the temperature outdoors, or opt for an indoor activity if it’s very hot or cold.
- If you have specific health conditions, discuss your exercise and physical activity plan with your health care provider.
- Body-weight Strength Exercises
- Improve your Balance in 5 Minutes
- Balance Exercises
- Flexibility Exercises
Exercises for Every Mind
Keep your mind engaged while staying safe at home. Below are links to various games, puzzles, virtual tours, mindfulness and more.
- AARP Games (some are free & some require AARP membership)
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Printable Sudoku
- Puzzle Express (word searches, crosswords, etc.)
- Online Chess, Scrabble and Bridge
- Printable Adult Coloring Sheets
- List of Museums, Zoos, & Theme Parks Virtual Tours
- Virtual Museum Tours
- Meditation and Mindfulness: Calm, 5 Minute Meditation, Mindful Breathing, and Soothing Sounds