- Children 15 and under must be accompanied in the facility by an adult 18 years or older.
- At least 1 adult (18+) per 3 children.
- Children 5 years and younger must have an adult (18+) in the water with them, within arms reach, at all times. Max 2 children per adult.
- Any person wearing a safety vest must have a adult (18+) in the water with them, within arms reach. Max 2 people per adult. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
These pool rules apply to all Burlington Aquatics facilities under normal operating conditions. Covid-19 restrictions supercede these rules where applicable. Please obey the lifeguards.
- Proper swimsuit is required. Street clothing (i.e. gym shorts, denim, under garments, etc.) not allowed. No cotton.
- Swim diapers must be worn by those not potty-trained. No regular disposable or cloth diapers.
- Swim tests required for those wanting to swim in water above shoulders when standing. Swim tests at beginning of session only.
- Swim vests must be COAST GUARD APPROVED. Inflatables and mono-fins are not permitted.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- No profanity, running, pushing, dunking, spitting, excessive splashing, horseplay, or swinging on rails and ladders.
- No gum, band-aids, open wounds or pets (service animals allowed, but cannot enter pool or showers).
- Twirling jumps, flips, back dives and backward entries off the wall into the water are not allowed.
- Extended underwater breath-holding is not allowed.
- Diving permitted only in diving board area.
- No sitting or standing on the shoulders of others.
- No hanging allowed on the lane lines or safety ropes.
- No hard balls or water guns.
- Our equipment is for lap swim, water exercise and lesson use only.
- Starting blocks are for competitive or class use only.
- Lap lanes are for lap/fitness swimming only.
- Food and drinks in table areas only. No glass.
- Lock up all valuables or leave them at home. Facility/staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, vaping, and tobacco use are not allowed on the premises.
- Failure to comply with rules may result in loss of swim privileges. No refund. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- The diving area must be clear before diving.
- One person at a time allowed on the diving board.
- One bounce only.
- Jump/dive straight from the front end of the board.
- Divers must swim directly to the nearest ladder and leave the diving area.
- No back dives, back flips, cartwheels, handstands, or hanging off the diving board.
- No goggles or masks on the diving board.
- Must pass swim test to use the diving board. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- One person at a time.
- Slide feet first, sitting on bottom.
- Upon landing, move away from slide.
- Persons taller than top of rail should not use slide. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
American Red Cross Swim Competency Test. No goggles allowed.
- Step or jump into water over your head.
- Float or tread water for one minute.
- Turn around in a full circle.
- Swim 25 yards to the exit without stopping.
- Exit the water without using the steps or a ladder.
Lifeguards reserve the right to swim test anyone prior to allowing them to swim in deep water.