These pool rules apply to all Burlington Aquatics facilities under normal operating conditions. Covid-19 restrictions supercede these rules where applicable.
- Children 15 and under must be accompanied in the facility by a person 18 years or older.
- Children ages 5 years and younger must have a parent in the water with them, within arms reach, at all times.
- Any person wearing a PFD (personal flotation device) must have a parent in the water with them, within arms reach.
- PFDs must be COAST GUARD APPROVED. Inflatable flotation devices and mono-fins are not permitted.
- Proper swim attire is required. Street clothing (i.e. gym shorts, denim, cotton, under garments, etc.) will not be allowed.
- Swim diapers must be worn by children not yet potty-trained. Disposable or cloth diapers are not permitted.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- No profanity, running, pushing, dunking, spitting, excessive splashing, horseplay, or swinging on rails and ladders.
- No glass, gum, band-aids, open wounds or pets (service animals allowed, but cannot enter pool or showers).
- Twirling jumps, flips, back dives and backward entries off the wall into the water are not allowed.
- Extended underwater breath-holding is not allowed.
- Diving permitted only in diving board area.
- Food and drinks in table areas only.
- Lock up all valuables or leave them at home. Facility/staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Pool break will be called the last 10 min of every hour. Ages 17 and under must be out of the pool during the 15 min break.
- Swim tests will be given at pool breaks.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, vaping, and tobacco use are not allowed on the premises. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
These pool rules apply to all Burlington Aquatics facilities with diving boards.
- The diving well must be clear before diving.
- One person at a time allowed on the diving board.
- One bounce only.
- Jump/dive straight from the front end of the board.
- No cartwheels, handstands, or hanging off the diving board.
- Divers must swim directly to the nearest ladder and leave the diving area.
- No goggles or masks on the diving board.
- Children must pass a swim test to use the diving board. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>