North Park in Motion
FNorth Park in Motion began with a grant funded by NC Wellness & Trust Fund and Fit Community. The center received $54,000 to develop active living through biking, walking and dancing. The grant has ended, but the department continues to offer programs for the community. If you are interested in organizing and leading your community, you are invited to join our community initiatives. Call (336) 222-5138 or stop by the community center for more information.
North Park in Motion Programs
I.A.M.M. Dance Company
Inspiring Artistic Motivation in Movement Dance Company provides low-cost weekly dance classes for ages 3-14. Sessions are offered February-June, and September- January. Space is limited. Participants must pre-register to secure a spot. Types of dance classes include:
- Ballet: Highly formalized steps that emphasize light, graceful and fluid movement. Leotard, tights and black ballet slippers needed.
- Jazz: Lively, energetic dance style. Also expressive. Please wear a fitted shirt and black jazz pants. Flexible jazz shoes (not jazz sneakers) are needed.
- Modern: Much different than traditional ballet. Incorporates floor work and emphasizes the articulation of contraction and release of the abdomen.
*Registration for Fall Session*
Registration will open July 17 and classes begin August 22 . Register online at the links below or call (336) 222- 5138 to arrange to register in person to secure your child's spot:
-Ages 3-5 pm (Tuesday)- Class options are Tuesdays from 5:30pm to 6:15pm- Registration is now closed.
- Ages 3-5 pm (Wednesday)- Class options are Wednesdays from 5:30pm to 6:15pm- Registration is now closed.
- Ages 6-9pm- Classes are Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 6:30pm- 7:30pm- Registration is now closed.
- Ages 10-14- Classes are Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 7:45pm-8:30pm- Registration is now closed.
Field Trip Destination for Summer Camps
Camp Directors, bring your campers to experience North Park in Motion. A visit includes 2 hours with access to large gym for basketball or other organized games, try out the new Dance Studio, play pool, foosball, air hockey and arcade games in the Game Room (all games are $.50 each). Call (336) 222-5138 today to sign your camp up for a visit!
Available: Monday - Thursday from 9-11 am or 1-3 pm
Cost: $1 per child
The Celo Faucette Community Garden is currently being relocated to another part of our campus. Plot registration is not available at this time. DIY container gardening kits are available by request. For more information, please call (336) 222-5138.