2021 Day Camps
Each Summer Day Camp offers a unique and individual camp experience to participants. Your child will enjoy exciting adventures outdoors, modified field trips, organized games, and tons more with a caring and responsible staff to lead the way!
- Rising 1st graders* to 12 years old
*Rising first graders must have completed kindergarten AND be 6 years old on or before August 31, 2021. Birth certificates may be requested to verify a child’s age.
- Camp Grove Park (25) at Grove Park Elementary School, 141 Trail One, Burlington
- Camp Overbrook (40) at Burlington City Park - Homebuilder's Building, 1435 Overbrook Rd., Burlington
- Camp St. Mark’s (50) at St. Mark's Church, 1230 St. Marks Church Rd., Burlington
- Camp Thataways (25) at Thataways Youth Center 1331 Overbrook Rd., Burlington
Due to the feasibility of social distancing and transportation protocols, Camp Elon and Camp Explorer’s will not be operating this summer.
- June 7 - August 13
- Monday to Friday from 7:30 am* - 5:30 pm.
*Fairchild and Grove Park open at 7:00 am.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 Burlington Recreation and Parks will enforce social distancing, increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols and face masks where necessary. Before your camper can attend, parents will be asked to provide a signed copy of The City of Burlington’s Liability Wavier Release for Communicable Diseases.
To make camp possible during the pandemic, we will be reducing camper attendance numbers and campsites this summer. The following document includes information regarding precautions that Burlington Recreation and Parks will implement this summer: 2021 Summer Day Camp Updates
Registration for 2021 Summer Day Camp will begin Wednesday, March 10 at 8:00 am - both in-person and online. Spaces are limited and cannot be reserved or guaranteed. If registering in-person, we cannot guarantee a spot during the waiting period (see the procedure for registering in-person below).
Summer Camp registration can now be completed online! To register online:
- Visit CivicRec, the online registration portal by clicking here.
- Log in, or create an account if you are a first-time user. Please see “Creating Your BRPD Civic Rec Account” for details on how to set up your account. If you need any assistance with setting up your account, please call (336) 222-5030 oremail us. Prior to camp registration day, it is highly recommended that you create your account in CivicRec to expedite the registration process.
- Select the "Camps & Childcare" tab. Search for desired camps and add them to your cart. You may add multiple camps or children to your cart at one time for a single check-out. Close the cart to continue adding programs or checkout to finish.
- You will receive a receipt immediately after you complete the registration and payment. The receipt will confirm your registration.
Registration can also be completed in person with payment at the Burlington Recreation & Parks Main Office located at 1333 Overbrook Rd., Burlington.
If registering in person ON March 10, 2021:
- Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the amount of people allowed into the BRPD Main Office at once. Therefore, registrations will be accepted on a waiting system.
- When you arrive at the BRPD Main Office, you will be asked for your phone number and placed on a waiting list. You will be asked to wait in your car and office staff will call when you can return to the building to register your camper.
- You will be placed on the waitlist on a first come, first served basis. Please expect a wait as we work to keep everyone safe.*Appointments are not required for the 1st day of registration.
If registering in person AFTER after March 10, 2021: Y
- You must make an appointment by calling the BRPD Main Office at (336) 222-5030. The office is open Monday – Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Please see the fees & refunds section below.
What You Need at Registration
- Completed 2021 Summer Camp Registration Form (forms are also available at registration) if registering in-person. If registering online, all forms are electronic and part of the process. When answering the required questions about your camper, please be as thorough as possible to better help our counselors.
- A minimum of 20% deposit* for each week you register for OR payment in full.
*Non-City of Burlington Residents who are paying weekly will be required to pay the $15 difference between City and Non-Resident rates in addition to the 20% deposit on each week needed for summer camp.
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate If registering online, birth certificates are not required for initial registration. However, Supervisors reserve the right to request birth certificates at any time to verify the age of your camper.
- Proof of address (driver’s license or current utility bill)
Additional Items Due Prior to Start of Camp
- Copy of custody documents (if needed)
- Medication Packets - due by May 14, 2021 (if needed)
- If your camper will be bringing medication to camp, please download and complete the Medication Policy Packet & Action Plan.
- Packets may take up to 2 weeks to process if completed correctly and depending on the medication.
- Packets require the signature of a medical doctor. Packets do not transfer from program to program.
- Campers may not bring medication to camp unless the packet is received and processed.
Paid in Full Camp Fees
If paying in full, the complete "10 Week" fee must be paid at the time of registration & before June 1, 2021. Payments cannot be made towards the pay in full option. No exceptions. There is no enrollment fee or supply fee for the program.
- Burlington City Resident: $600/ 1st Child, $500/Additional Children
- Non-City Resident: $750/ 1st Child, $650/Additional Children
Weekly Camp Fees
For those wishing to pay weekly, you must select all the weeks needed for the summer at the time of registration. You will be set up on a payment plan in which you must pay off all the weeks needed for camp by June 1, 2021. A 20% deposit on each week is required at the time of registration. You can pay on your account at any time for any amount as long as your account balance is paid off by June 1, 2021. Any remaining balance will result in loss of those weeks and the 20% down payment. After June 1st, any unpaid weeks will be available to the public for open enrollment.
- Burlington City Resident: $70/ 1st Child, $60/Additional Children
- Non-City Resident: $85/ 1st Child, $75/Additional Children*
*Non-City Residents (paying weekly) will be required to pay the $15 difference between City and Non-Resident rates in addition to the 20% down payment on each week needed for summer camp.
There are two payments options for Summer Day Camps "Paid in Full" or "Payment Plan"
Paid in Full
All 10 weeks of camp are paid in full at the time of registration.
For those wishing to pay weekly, you will be set up on a payment plan in which you must pay off all the weeks needed for camp by June 1, 2021.
- A 20% deposit on each week is required at the time of registration.
- You can pay on your account at any time for any amount as long as your account balance is paid off by June 1, 2021. Any remaining balance will result in the loss of those weeks and the 20% down payment.
- After June 1st, any unpaid weeks will be available to the public for open enrollment.
- Payments can be made online, in person at the BRPD Main Office, placed in the dropbox after hours or by mail. A payment dropbox is located outside the BRPD Main Office for after-hour payments (no cash; check or money orders only).
- Make sure to include the following on your check/money order: driver’s license #, phone #, child's name, camp site, week.
- Mail to the following address: Burlington Recreation & Parks, ATTN: Youth Programs P.O. Box 1358, Burlington NC 27216. Payments sent by mail must be received prior to the week attending.
With recent changes in PCI Standard Compliance and to protect information and financial sources, we are no longer permitted to accept over-the-phone payments for any Burlington Recreation and Parks program.
Burlington Recreation and Parks reserve the right to cancel a program, including when a program’s minimum enrollment is not met or health and safety guidelines change. In the event of program cancellation, the department will attempt to provide as much advance notice and accommodation as possible. In addition, the department reserves the right to alter schedules, fees and instructors as necessary. In the event the department cancels a program, registration fees are 100% refundable.
If an account balance is not paid off by June 1, 2021, refunds will be issued for any unpaid weeks minus the 20% down payment. Refunds will be issued until June 4, 2021, less the 20% down payment per week. Any requests for a refund after this date must be submitted in writing for extenuating circumstances only, as determined by the program supervisor. Refunds may take up to 2-4 weeks to process and will be sent via check to the payee. Payments made with a check may take longer to process.
There are no transferable options once a week has been paid. Unused days cannot be transferred to another week. Camp payments cannot be transferred to other Burlington Recreation & Parks programs. No refund will be issued for non-attendance or non-participation in summer camps. Weeks cannot be transferred between siblings or other accounts.
In the event of a suspension/expulsion, refunds will not be given.
Forms & Additional Info
- 2021 Quick Day Camp Guide
- 2021 Camp Registration Form
- NEW: 2021 Summer Day Camp Updates
- Liability Wavier Release for Communicable Diseases
- Medication Policy Packet & Action Plan
- Additional Medical Support - Diabetes Management Plan
- Additional Medical Support - Seizure Action Plan
- Summer Camp Job Openings (coming soon)
- Volunteer Information & Application
- To reduce the number of individuals inside the camp site, we will not be accepting volunteers this summer.
Due to the COVID-19 PANDEMIC, site locations and camper attendance numbers have been MODIFIED.
Weeks are quickly filling up. To ensure your camper has a spot at camp, payment for all the weeks needed is encouraged at the time of registration. We do not hold spots without payment. Campers are not able to attend another camp if their current camp site is full.
Grove Park Elementary School
141 Trail One, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 25
*Camp may be relocated Week 10*
About: As a partnership with the Alamance-Burlington School System, this camp site includes access to an air-conditioned gym, blacktop, and open field, as well as the library & cafeteria space for low energy activities.
Burlington City Park - Homebuilder's Building
1435 Overbrook Road, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 60
About: Camp Overbrook offers an outdoor camp experience featuring the Burlington City Park as its backyard. Campers utilize the Homebuilder's Building as its home base, as well as the Jaycee and Exchange buildings for lunch and indoor activities. The campers have access to Field #1, greenway, and outdoor play areas.
St. Marks - FULL
St. Mark's Church
1230 St. Marks Church Road, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 50
About: As a partnership with the St. Mark's Church, campers utilize the youth activity center, atrium, playground, and an open field next to the church.
Thataways Youth Center
1331 Overbrook Rd., Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 25
About: Camp Thataways is a camp created just for 2021. Thataways offers various arcade games, a pool table, foosball table, air hockey, concessions area and dance floor. Campers will utilize the air-conditioned building and back patio and field.
We are pleased to announce that camps will be able to conduct modified field trips this summer! Each camp will participate in a selection of field trips. Week One is our "Get To Know You Week", we do not go on trips during this week in order to get to know the campers before heading out on our adventures. Outdoor trips are weather pending.
Some of the field trips will include:
- North Park in Motion @ Mayco Bigelow Community Center
- Sock Puppets Baseball Game
- Putt-Putt Fun Center
- Swimming @ the newly renovated North Park Pool (weather pending)
- Roll-A-Bout Skating
We will also have various special guests visit each site such as Painted Grape, Kona Ice and BRPD Park & Play Van!
Calendars will be available on the first day of camp.
*Additional money can be sent for concessions and Kona Ice. A notice will be sent home prior to the activity for those wanting to send additional money. Any money brought to camp must be in an envelope labeled with the camper's name. BPRD is not responsible for any money brought to camp.*
Lunch & Afternoon Snack Information
USDA Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
2021 Tentative Dates (10 weeks): June 7 - August 5, 2021
Approved Sites: Camp Grove Park, Camp Overbrook, Camp St. Mark’s & Camp Thataways
Sponsored by ABSS Child Nutrition
2021 Lunch & Afternoon Snack Menu
- June 2021 Menu
- July 2021 Menu
- August 2021 Menu
- Medical Statement for Children with Special Nutritional Needs for SFSP Meals (coming soon)
Sign-up for Notify Me!
Sign up for Notify Me and we will keep you up to date about summer information and registration. Register for Notify Me Notifications to receive phone calls, text messages, and/or emails from any combination of subscription lists from the City of Burlington. You can tailor your topic selection to your interests and select your preferred method of message receipt. Visit www.BurlingtonNC.gov/NotifyMe to subscribe!