2022 Day Camps
Each Summer Day Camp offers a unique and individual camp experience to participants. Your child will enjoy exciting adventures outdoors, modified field trips, organized games, and tons more with a caring and responsible staff to lead the way!
- Rising 1st graders* to 12 years old
*Rising first graders must have completed kindergarten AND be 6 years old on or before August 31, 2022. Birth certificates may be requested to verify a child’s age.
- To be eligible for Explorers for Teens Camp: 1) child must be a rising 7th grader AND 2) be 12 years old on or before August 31, 2022 and 3) no older than 14 on or before August 31, 2022.
- Camp Grove Park (40) at Grove Park Elementary School, 141 Trail One, Burlington
- Camp Overbrook (60) at Burlington City Park - Homebuilder's Building, 1435 Overbrook Rd., Burlington
- Camp St. Mark’s (70) at St. Mark's Church, 1230 St. Marks Church Rd., Burlington
- Explorers for Teens (25) at Thataways Youth Center 1331 Overbrook Rd., Burlington
- June 13 - August 19
- Monday to Friday from 7:30 am* - 5:30 pm.
*Grove Park opens at 7:00 am
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 Burlington Recreation and Parks will enforce increased cleaning, sanitizing protocols and face masks on buses during field trips. City of Burlington will continue to abide by CDC regulations and guidelines. On the first week of camp, parents will be asked to provide a signed copy of The City of Burlington’s Liability Wavier Release for Communicable Diseases.
Registration for 2022 Summer Day Camp will begin Tuesday, March 1 at 8:00 am - both online and in-person. Spaces are limited and cannot be reserved or guaranteed. If registering in-person, we cannot guarantee a spot during the waiting period (see the procedure for registering in-person below).
Summer Camp registration can now be completed online! To register online:
- Visit CivicRec, the online registration portal by clicking here.
- Log in, or create an account if you are a first-time user. Please see “Creating Your BRPD Civic Rec Account” for details on how to set up your account. If you need any assistance with setting up your account, please call (336) 222-5030 or email us. Prior to camp registration day, it is highly recommended that you create your account in CivicRec to expedite the registration process.
- Select the "Camps & Childcare" tab. Search for desired camps and add them to your cart. You may add multiple camps or children to your cart at one time for a single check-out. Close the cart to continue adding programs or checkout to finish.
- You will receive a receipt immediately after you complete the registration and payment. The receipt will confirm your registration.
Registration can be completed in person with payment at the Burlington Recreation & Parks Main Office located at 1333 Overbrook Rd., Burlington.
If registering on March 1, 2022: When you arrive at the BRPD main office, we will take your phone number and ask you to wait in your car. We will call customers on a first come first serve basis. Being on the call list does NOT guarantee a spot in camp. Please be aware online registration is taking place concurrently.
What You Need at Registration
- Completed 2022 Summer Camp Registration Form (forms are also available at registration) if registering in-person. If registering online, all forms are electronic and part of the process. When answering the required questions about your camper, please be as thorough as possible to better help our counselors.
- A minimum of 20% deposit* for each week you register for OR payment in full.
*Non-City of Burlington Residents who are paying weekly will be required to pay the $15 difference between City and Non-Resident rates in addition to the 20% deposit on each week needed for summer camp.
- BRPD reserve the right to request birth certificates at any time to verify the age of your camper.
- Proof of address (driver’s license or current utility bill)
Additional Items Due Prior to Start of Camp
- Copy of custody documents (if needed)
- Medication Packets - due by May 13, 2022 (if needed)
- If your camper will be bringing medication to camp, please download and complete the Medication Policy Packet & Action Plan.
- Packets may take up to 2 weeks to process if completed correctly and depending on the medication.
- Packets require the signature of a medical doctor. Packets do not transfer from program to program.
- Campers may not bring medication to camp unless the packet is received and processed.
Paid in Full Camp Fees
If paying in full, the complete "10 Week" fee must be paid at the time of registration & before June 6, 2022. Payments cannot be made towards the pay in full option. No exceptions. There is no enrollment fee or supply fee for the program.
- Burlington City Resident: $600/ 1st Child, $500/Additional Children
- Non-City Resident: $750/ 1st Child, $650/Additional Children
Weekly Camp Fees
For those wishing to pay weekly, you must select all the weeks needed for the summer at the time of registration. You will be set up on a payment plan in which you must pay off all the weeks needed for camp by June 6, 2022. A 20% deposit on each week is required at the time of registration. You can pay on your account at any time for any amount as long as your account balance is paid off by June 6, 2022. Any remaining balance will result in loss of those weeks and the 20% down payment. Beginning June 8th, any unpaid weeks will be available to the public. Weekly payments are on a first come first serve basis. Payments are due before the child can attend camp.
- Burlington City Resident: $70/ 1st Child, $60/Additional Children
- Non-City Resident: $85/ 1st Child, $75/Additional Children*
*Non-City Residents (paying weekly) will be required to pay the $15 difference between City and Non-Resident rates in addition to the 20% down payment on each week needed for summer camp.
There are three payments options for Summer Day Camps
Paid in Full
All 10 weeks of camp are paid in full at the time of registration.
For those wishing to pay weekly, you will be set up on a payment plan in which you must pay off all the weeks needed for camp by June 6, 2022.
- A 20% deposit on each week is required at the time of registration.
- You can pay on your account at any time for any amount as long as your account balance is paid off by June 6, 2022. Any remaining balance will result in the loss of those weeks and the 20% down payment.
- After June 6th, any unpaid weeks will be available to the public for open enrollment.
- Payments can be made online, in person at the BRPD Main Office, placed in the dropbox after hours. The payment dropbox is located outside the BRPD Main Office for after-hour payments (no cash; check or money orders only).
- Make sure to include the following on your check/money order: driver’s license #, phone #, child's name, camp site, and week.
Those that do not chose to pay in full or the payment plan option can pay on a weekly basis beginning on June 8, 2022. Weekly payments are on a first come first serve basis. Payments are due before the child can attend camp.
Burlington Recreation and Parks reserve the right to cancel a program, including when a program’s minimum enrollment is not met or health and safety guidelines change. In the event of program cancellation, the department will attempt to provide as much advance notice and accommodation as possible. In addition, the department reserves the right to alter schedules, fees and instructors as necessary. In the event the department cancels a program, registration fees are 100% refundable.
If an account balance is not paid off by June 6, 2022, refunds will be issued for any unpaid weeks minus the 20% down payment. Refunds will be issued until June 8, 2022, less the 20% down payment per week. Any requests for a refund after this date must be submitted in writing for extenuating circumstances only, as determined by the program supervisor. Refunds may take up to 2-4 weeks to process and will be sent via check to the payee. Payments made with a check may take longer to process.
There are no transferable options once a week has been paid. Unused days cannot be transferred to another week. Camp payments cannot be transferred to other Burlington Recreation & Parks programs. No refund will be issued for non-attendance or non-participation in summer camps. Weeks cannot be transferred between siblings or other accounts.
In the event of a suspension/expulsion, refunds will not be given.
Forms & Additional Info
- 2022 Quick Day Camp Guide
- 2022 Camp Registration Form
- Liability Wavier Release for Communicable Diseases
- Medication Policy Packet & Action Plan
- Additional Medical Support - Diabetes Management Plan
- Additional Medical Support - Seizure Action Plan
- Summer Camp Job Openings- https://www.burlingtonnc.gov/480/Employment-Information
- Volunteer Information & Application - Volunteer Interest Form Volunteer Agreement
To ensure your camper has a spot at camp, payment for all the weeks needed is encouraged at the time of registration. We do not hold spots without payment. Campers are not able to attend another camp if their current camp site is full.
Grove Park Elementary School
141 Trail One, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 40
*Camp may be relocated Week 10*
About: As a partnership with the Alamance-Burlington School System, this camp site includes access to an air-conditioned gym, blacktop, and open field, as well as the cafeteria space for low energy activities.
Burlington City Park - Homebuilder's Building
1435 Overbrook Road, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 75
About: Camp Overbrook offers an outdoor camp experience featuring the Burlington City Park as its backyard. Campers utilize the Homebuilder's Building as its home base, as well as the Jaycee and Exchange buildings for lunch and indoor activities. The campers have access to Field #1, greenway, and outdoor play areas.
St. Mark's Church
1230 St. Marks Church Road, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 75
About: As a partnership with the St. Mark's Church, campers utilize the youth activity center, atrium, playground, and an open field next to the church.
Explorers for Teens Camp
We are pleased to announce that camps will be able to conduct field trips this summer! Each camp will participate in a selection of field trips. Week One is our "Get To Know You Week", we do not go on trips during this week in order to get to know the campers before heading out on our adventures. Outdoor trips are weather pending.
Some of the field trips will include:
- Mayco Bigelow Community Center
- Sock Puppets Baseball Game
- Putt-Putt Fun Center
- Swimming @ the newly renovated North Park Pool (weather pending)
- Bowling @ Buffaloe Bowl
- Graham Regional Park
- Forest Hills Community Center
- Thataways Youth Center
- And lots more!
We will also have various special guests visit each site such as Painted Grape, Kona Ice and BRPD Park & Play Van!
Calendars will be available on the first day of camp.
*Additional money can be sent for concessions and Kona Ice. A notice will be sent home prior to the activity for those wanting to send additional money. Any money brought to camp must be in an envelope labeled with the camper's name. BPRD is not responsible for any money brought to camp.*
Sign-up for Notify Me!
Sign up for Notify Me and we will keep you up to date about summer information and registration. Register for Notify Me Notifications to receive phone calls, text messages, and/or emails from any combination of subscription lists from the City of Burlington. You can tailor your topic selection to your interests and select your preferred method of message receipt. Visit www.BurlingtonNC.gov/NotifyMe to subscribe!