|The Community Fire Academy is designed to increase the community's understanding and awareness of the Burlington Fire Department. Participants will be exposed to many different aspects of the fire service including the day-to-day operation of the Burlington Fire Department. Some of the activities participants will experience include:|
- Station Tour/ Department Overview
- History of Fire Service and Life of a Firefighter
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Fire Prevention and Fire Investigation Training
- Emergency Vehicle Driving, Vehicle Extrication, and Thermal Imaging training
- Fire Suppression and Training
- And much more.
The Community Academy is structured to conduct seven classes from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm on Thursday evenings at the Fire Department Head Quarters Station. One Saturday class will also be held at the Burlington Police/Fire Training Center.
- Be 18 years of age.
- Have no prior felony convictions or any misdemeanor convictions that question the moral character of the applicant.
- Be willing to commit to attending at least one 3 hours class each week
The 2022 Fall enrollment period is now open!
If you are interested in attending the Academy and can commit to attending all classes, please download and complete the application by following the link below:
Community Fire Academy Application
Submit the application to Captain David Sharpe by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call (336) 516-7359 for additional information.