Maynard Aquatic Center
Face masks are required except while in the water. Please observe social distancing and minimize time in locker rooms. Reservations are currently required for use of all City of Burlington Aquatic facilities. View all COVID procedures.
1402 Overbrook Road
Burlington, NC 27215
(336) 222-5043 | Directions
The Maynard Aquatic Center (MAC) is a year-round facility featuring a large heated pool with both recreational and competition areas and a diving board. A walk-in ramp provides easy access and a frog slide offers lots of kiddie fun. During the summer season, the side panels enclosing the pool area are removed, and the pool converts to an outdoor facility with a roof to shield swimmers from the sun.
Learn More About
- Online Reservations & Reservation Policies*
- December Swim Activity Calendar** (with registration links)
- Lap Swim, Water Walk, Independent Deep Water Exercise
- Reservation Rumble Family Swim
- Water Exercise Classes
- Swim Lessons
- Fees: Entry, membership, passes and more.
- Facility Rentals
- COVID Procedures
*Reservations are currently required for use of all City of Burlington aquatic facilities.
**Schedules are subject to change.
Reserve Now (no cost to reserve)
Our online reservation system has moved to CivicRec. The CivicRec catalog provides online registration for all activities, classes, leagues and facility rentals offered by Burlington Recreation & Parks - all in one convenient location and easily accessible from any web-connected smartphone or computer. View the Burlington Recreation & Parks catalog of programs, activities and rentals.
All users need an account to make a reservation or complete registration. New users of the online system will need to create an account by clicking on the "Log In/Create Account" button. Current users can log in using their email and password. Please note patrons with BRP pass fobs already have an account linked to their email address. Do not create a new account if you have forgotten your password or login. From the login page, you can request a password reset or call (336) 222-5030 or (336) 222-5043 for help.
How to Make a Swim Reservation on CivicRec
- Once your account has been created, log into CivicRec.
- Choose the "Swim Reservations" tab from the catalog and then the swim activity desired.
- Select the day/time/date that you wish to book.
- Select the account members attending and "Add to Cart".
- Close the cart to add additional activities.
- Select "Checkout". Confirm waivers, then confirm the transaction.
- You will be able to view your reservations from your account dashboard.
- To cancel a reservation, call (336) 222-5043.
- DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance. No cost to reserve.
- Pay upon arrival. Card payments preferred.
- Cancel by calling (336) 222-5043 if unable to use reservation.
- After 15 minutes without check-in, “no-show” reservations will be internally canceled and opened to others. Call us if you are running late (336) 222-5043.
- Maynard Aquatic Center closes for thunder or lightning. No refunds/rainchecks for weather. Consider canceling if severe weather is likely.
- Learn about and schedule a Public Party Rental at the Maynard Aquatic Center.
Pool Activities, Schedules and Reservation Links
Lap Swim, Water Walk & Independent Deep Water Exercise
- Lane availability varies.
- One lane per person.
- Children 15 yrs and under must be accompanied in the facility by an Adult 18+ yrs.
- All must have a reservation and remain in the area reserved.
- Patrons must be 18+ years of age or be a competitive swimmer 16+ years of age for Deep Water Exercise.
- Lap lane users must be able to swim consecutive laps in water 5 feet deep.
- Limit of two back-to-back 1-hour reservations per person/ per day.
Schedule: Lap Swim, Water Walk, IDWE
11 am-12 pm
(not on Fri)
Reservation Rumble Family Swim (Shallow or Deep)
RR - Shallow: includes use of the shallow end (1.5-3.5 ft water depth) and the frog slide.
RR- Deep: includes use of lanes 5 & 6 (no lane lines) and diving board area with water depth of 4.5-10 ft. All participants must pass the deep water swim test.
Each person attending must have a reservation. Limit of one Reservation Rumble reservation per person/ per day. Must remain in the area reserved - no switching between shallow and deep. Cannot reserve both areas.
If you wish to bring a friend to Reservation Rumble Family Swim, an adult (18+) from that person's household will need to establish their own account, make their own reservations and sign associated waivers for those who will be attending from their household. DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Children 15 yrs. & under must be accompanied in the facility by an adult (18+). All must have a reservation.
- At least 1 adult (18+) per 3 children is required. (1 adult per 2 children 5 yrs. and under)
- Ages 5 & under (and any child wearing a safety vest) must have an adult with them in the water within arm's reach. Safety vests are allowed in shallow water only.
- Proper swimsuit required. No street clothes (shorts, denim, undergarments). No cotton.
- Swim diapers are required for children not yet potty trained. Disposable/cloth diapers not allowed.
- May bring Coast Guard-approved safety vest. No inflatables.
- Must shower on deck before entering the pool.
- No food. No glass allowed. Concessions are not available.
- See all Pool Rules.
Schedule: Reservation Rumble
11 am - 12:45 pm
City of Burlington 2022 Aquatic Fees
|Fee Type||2-15 yrs||16-54 yrs||55+ yrs|
|Maynard Aquatic Center||$3.00||$5.00||$3.00|
|North Park Pool (seasonal)||$1.00||$3.00||$1.00|
|Water Exercise Class||$5 (13-15 yrs)||$7.00||$5.00|
|Annual Pass (good at all COB Aquatic Facilities)||$100||$180||$100|
|Water Exercise Class Pass*|
|10 visits||$40 (13-15 yrs)||$55.00||$40.00|
|25 visits||$90 (13-15 yrs)||$120.00||$90.00|
|North Park Pool Summer Pool Pass|
|Party Rental Fees see Facility Rentals|
|* unused visits expire 1 yr from purchase date|
- Do not enter if you have a cough, fever or any other symptom of illness.
- Face coverings are required except while in the water.
- Patrons who arrive early must wait outside the entrance.
- Participants 18 & over must sign a COVID waiver before using the facility.
- Locker room showers are not available.
- Rinse in deck shower before entering the pool
- One-way traffic pattern on deck.
- Use only the area you have reserved.
- No food allowed. Water fountain not available - bring water bottle.
- Minimize time in locker rooms.
- Please exit the facility within 10 minutes of the end of your session.
- No spectators without reservation and entry fee.