Maynard Aquatic Center
1402 Overbrook Road
Burlington, NC 27215
(336) 222-5043 | Directions
The Maynard Aquatic Center (MAC) is a year-round facility featuring a large heated pool with both recreational and competition areas and a diving board. A walk-in ramp provides easy access and a frog slide offers lots of kiddie fun. During the summer season, the side panels enclosing the pool area are removed, and the pool converts to an outdoor facility with a roof to shield swimmers from the sun.
Learn More About
- Online Reservations & Reservation Policies*
- August Swim Reservation Schedule** (with registration links)
- Lap Swim, Water Walk, H2O Run, Independent Deep Water Exercise
- Reservation Rumble Family Swim
- Water Exercise Classes
- Swim Lessons
- Fees: Entry, membership, passes and more.
- Facility Rentals
*Reservations are required for use of all City of Burlington aquatic facilities.
**Schedules are subject to change.
Reserve Now (no cost to reserve)
Our online reservation system has moved to CivicRec. The CivicRec catalog provides online registration for all activities, classes, leagues and facility rentals offered by Burlington Recreation & Parks - all in one convenient location and easily accessible from any web-connected smartphone or computer.
All users need an account to make a reservation or complete registration. New users of the online system will need to create an account by clicking on the "Log In/Create Account" button. Current users can log in using their email and password. Please note patrons with BRP pass fobs already have an account linked to their email address. Do not create a new account if you have forgotten your password or login. From the login page, you can request a password reset or call (336) 222-5030 or (336) 222-5043 for help.
How to Make a Swim Reservation on CivicRec
- Once your account has been created, log into CivicRec.
- Choose the "Swim Reservations" tab from the catalog and then the swim activity desired.
- Select the day/time/date that you wish to book.
- Select the account members attending and "Add to Cart".
- Close the cart to add additional activities.
- Select "Checkout". Confirm waivers, then confirm the transaction.
- You will be able to view your reservations from your account dashboard.
- To cancel a reservation, call (336) 222-5043.
- DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance. No cost to reserve.
- Pay upon arrival. Card payments preferred.
- Cancel by calling (336) 222-5043 if unable to use reservation.
- After 15 minutes without check-in, “no-show” reservations will be internally canceled and opened to others. Call us if you are running late (336) 222-5043.
- Maynard Aquatic Center closes for thunder or lightning. No refunds/rainchecks for weather. Consider canceling if severe weather is likely.
- Learn about and schedule a Party Rental at the Maynard Aquatic Center.
Pool Activities, Schedules and Reservation Links
Lap Swim, Water Walk, H2O Run & Independent Deep Water Exercise (IDWX)
- Lane availability varies. See Swim Reservations for available times.
- One lane per person unless specified as a split or shared lane reservation.
- Children 15 yrs and under must be accompanied in the facility by an Adult 18+ yrs.
- All must have a reservation and remain in the area reserved.
- Lap lane users must be able to swim consecutive laps in water 5 feet deep.
- Limit of two back-to-back 1-hour reservations per person/ per day.
Reservation Rumble Family Swim (RR)
Shallow End (1.5-3.5 ft water depth) with ramp and frog slide.
Diving Well (up to 10 ft.) All users must pass the deep water swim test.
Each person attending must have a reservation. Limit of one Reservation Rumble reservation per person/ per day. Must remain in the area reserved.
If you wish to bring a friend to Reservation Rumble Family Swim, an adult (18+) from that person's household will need to establish their own account, make their own reservations and sign associated waivers for those who will be attending from their household. DO NOT ADD ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR HOUSEHOLD TO YOUR ACCOUNT!
- Children 15 yrs. & under must be accompanied in the facility by an adult (18+). All must have a reservation.
- At least 1 adult (18+) per 3 children is required. (1 adult per 2 children if any are 5 yrs. and under)
- Ages 5 & under (and any child wearing a safety vest) must have an adult with them in the water within arm's reach. Safety vests are allowed in shallow water only.
- Proper swimsuit required. No street clothes (shorts, denim, undergarments). No cotton.
- Swim diapers are required for children not yet potty-trained. Disposable/cloth diapers not allowed.
- May bring Coast Guard-approved safety vest. No inflatables.
- No glass allowed.
- See all Pool Rules.
City of Burlington 2022 Aquatic Fees
|Fee Type||2-15 yrs||16-54 yrs||55+ yrs|
|Maynard Aquatic Center||$3.00||$5.00||$3.00|
|North Park Pool (seasonal facility)||$1.00||$3.00||$1.00|
|Splash Park (seasonal facility)||Free||Free||Free|
|Water Exercise Class||$5 (13-15 yrs)||$7.00||$5.00|
|Annual Pass (good at all COB Aquatic Facilities)||$100||$180||$100|
|Swim Pass* (good at all COB Aquatic Facilities)|
|Water Exercise Class Pass*|
|10 visits||$40 (13-15 yrs)||$55.00||$40.00|
|25 visits||$90 (13-15 yrs)||$120.00||$90.00|
|North Park Pool Summer Pool Pass|
|Party Rental Fees see Facility Rentals|
|* unused visits expire 1 yr from purchase date|