Burlington is home to many parks across the City. From the small neighborhood parks to larger regional parks, Burlington's parks has something for everyone. The listing below contains all of the parks maintained by the Recreation & Parks Department. For information on park facility rentals, visit the facility reservation page and click on the "Facility Rental" tab. All of Burlington's parks and facilities are tobacco free - including e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
- Arboretum at Willowbrook Park | 408 E. Willowbrook Drive
Stretching from Church Street to Front Street the arboretum features a commons building with restrooms, veteran's plaza, paved walking paths, natural play spaces, gardens and plantings, great lawn and more.
- City Park & Amusement Area | 1388 Main Street - (336) 222-5030 City Park features ball fields, amusement area with historical Dentzel Carousel, train and other kiddie rides, a playground, walking track and trail, enclosed and open air shelters with grills, picnic tables throughout the park, and a stream that winds through the park. Additional facilities located at City Park include Jimmy Combs Stage, Burlington Tennis Center with 12 lighted tennis courts, Maynard Aquatic Center, Burlington Splash Park, and Thataways Youth Center.
- Jiggs Askew Dog Park | 1333 Overbrook Road - (336) 222-5030
This 2-acre, fenced, off-leash dog park includes two separated areas, one for smaller and older dogs and the other for large dogs. Water is available for dogs.
- Joe C. Davidson Park | 3715 Rural Retreat Road - (336) 222-5030
Providing many fields for soccer and baseball, the park also features a handicapped-accessible playground, tennis courts 0.75-mile walking track and large outdoor picnic shelter available for rent.
- Springwood Park | 1450 Springwood Church Road - (336) 222-5030
This athletic complex with 7 soccer and 4 baseball/softball fields also offers an extensive walking trail, disc golf course, playgrounds, and picnic shelters.
- Town & Country Park | 2999 Regent Park Lane
A natural area with hiking trails and access to the Haw River Paddle Trail. Park hours are sunup to sundown. View the trail map.
PARKS AT COMMUNITY CENTERS
- Elmira Park | 810 Wicker Street
Outside Elmira Community Center, the park holds a basketball court, horseshoe pits, a playground, soccer field, and walking track.
- Fairchild Park | 827 S. Graham Hopedale Road - (336) 222-5119
The park includes Fairchild Community Center, Burlington Athletic Stadium - home to the Burlington Sock Puppets baseball team, BMX bike track, softball fields, tennis/pickleball courts, playgrounds, 1-mile walking trail, and picnic shelters.
- Forest Hills Park | 227 Williamson Street - (336) 222-5129
The park features the Forest Hills Community Center, a baseball field for Little League play, soccer field, and playground.
- North Park (Mayco Bigelow Community Center) | 849 Sharpe Road - (336) 222-5138
North Park has a softball field, outdoor basketball courts, 0.25 mile walking track, two open-air shelters with picnic tables, two playgrounds, the Sertoma indoor shelter. The park is also home to the North Park Pool and North Park Farmers Market.
- Guilford Mackintosh Park & Marina | 1345 NC HWY 61, Whitsett - (336) 449-2078
Lake activities include fishing and boating. Rental boats (kayak/canoe/rowboat) and available seasonally. Launch ramp for private paddlecraft or boats with electric motor only. The park features walking and biking trails, open-air shelter, sand volleyball court, horseshoe pit, and a playground.
- Lake Cammack Park & Marina | 4790 Union Ridge Road - (336) 421-3872
The 850-acre reservoir has boat ramps and allows boating, fishing, skiing, jet skiing, and bank/pier fishing. The park has a playground, picnic sites, picnic shelters, and walking trails. An enclosed shelter is available for rentals.
- Lake Mackintosh Park & Marina | 2704 Huffman Mill Road - (336) 538-0896
A lake for fishing, sailing, boating, and paddling. Park features kayak and rowboat rentals, 6 boat ramps, pier/bank fishing, picnic shelter, picnic tables, playground, and a clubhouse for rent that overlooks the lake.
- Stoney Creek Marina | 1785 Faulkner Drive - (336) 229-7509
The 140-acre reservoir offers bank fishing and launch of private electric trolling motorboats and canoes/kayaks. Outside the gate there is access and trailhead parking for Haw River Hiking Trail.
- Dothan Park | 715 Dothan Avenue
Open space and playground.
- Eva Baker Park | 243 N. Main Street
Shaded open space with playground near down town.
- Northwest Park | 1351 N. Park Avenue
Ball fields, basketball court, and a small wooded area.
- Petersburg Park | 1428 Maple Avenue
Basketball courts, picnic area, playground, and open space.
- Robinson Park | 1021 Rauhut Street
Basketball court, playground, walking track, and open space.
- Southern Neighborhood Park | 885 Bradley Street
Basketball court and small wooded area.