Jiggs Askew Dog Park
1333 Overbrook Rd.
Burlington, NC 27215
(336) 222-5030 | Directions
Park open sunrise to sunset.
The Jiggs Askew Memorial Bark Park is located off of Kitchen Street in Burlington City Park, behind the YMCA. It sits on approximately two acres of fenced-in land with two separated areas, one for smaller and older dogs and the other for larger dogs. Nicely landscaped areas with benches are found throughout the park for dog owners, as well as, access to water for the dogs.
This is a designated dog recreation area where dogs may be off-leash. You will encounter off-leash dogs. Users of this park do so at their own risk. The City of Burlington shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the park. Dog owners are legally and financially responsible for their dog's behavior. Violation of these rules can result in permanent loss of park privileges.
First Time Users - Registering Your Dog
All first-time users must register their dog at the Burlington Recreation & Parks Department located at 1333 Overbrook Road (just across the parking lot from the dog park). Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. View and print the required Application and Acceptance of Risk and Release of Liability form to speed your visit to the office.
Dog Park Rules
Jiggs Askew Memorial Bark Park is designated as a dog-friendly park. Upon entering you agree to abide by the park rules.
- Dogs must be within voice range and under the owner's control at all times.
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from this park, and dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from the park.
- An adult must accompany children under 16.
- Maximum of two dogs per handler.
- Owners must dispose of waste properly in the designated on-site containers.
- No food, drinks, or glass containers in the fenced areas.
- No animals other than dogs shall be permitted in the area.
- Smoking, any kind of smokeless tobacco, and alcoholic beverages are not permitted in or around the park. All City of Burlington Parks are tobacco-free.
- No prong, pinch, spiked, or choke collars.
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
- Dogs must wear ID and per state law (NCGS 130A-190) must wear a rabies tag at all times.
- All dog bites must be reported (NCGS 130A-196). If a bite occurs, give your name and phone number to the other dog's owner.
- For non-emergency assistance please call 222-5030. For all emergencies call 9-1-1.
- For questions or to report a problem with the facility, please call Burlington Recreation and Parks at (336) 222-5030. Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.