The Professional Standards Division is responsible for the department's budget, research, grants, payroll, policy review, and recruitment. The division includes the Records Division and Crime Analysis Unit. They handle recruitment for the department of police officers, telecommunicators, and various civilian positions, which includes the application process, background screening, and processing new hires. The CAU handles analyzing various crime data in an effort to reduce crime in the city. The Division is led by Capt. Bret Currie and Lt. Alan Balog and Angela Satterfield is the Recruitment Specialist.
"The Burlington Police Department is committed to improving the quality of all life, in partnership with our community, through fair and professional police services."
- We respect the rights, liberties, and dignity of all; serving with compassion, respect, and courtesy.
- We believe that citizen involvement is crucial to improving the quality of life in our community.
- We recognize the value and importance of professionalism, planning, teamwork, and integrity in providing quality police services.
- We continuously seek to improve our ability to provide public safety through proactive crime prevention and community policing strategies, use of technology, and compliance with standards established by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.
- We value and recognize the importance of or employees and their contributions.
- We take pride in the dedication, loyalty, integrity, professionalism, and leadership of our employees.
- We are committed to providing each employee the necessary training, resources, and opportunities for them to achieve their full potential.
- We value and recognize the importance of all members of our diverse community and their contributions and concerns. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>