Mayco Bigelow Community Center
849 Sharpe Road
Burlington, NC 27217
Facility Info & Rentals
North Park in Motion
Weekly Programs and Classes
North Park Library
North Park Pool
North Park Library
North Park Pool
- Picnic Shelters
- Softball Fields
- Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Walking Track
- Community Garden
- Outdoor Stage
The Mayco Bigelow Community Center is 14,500 square foot facility housing a large gym with seating for 470, game room complete with coin operated video games, pool, air hockey, Pump it Up (FX) DDR and a big screen TV, a kitchen, and library. Outside, the park is equipped with a softball field, outdoor basketball courts, walking track, playgrounds, two open air shelters with picnic tables, one 40x80 shelter with central air/heat, a full kitchen and handicapped restroom. During the summer, North Park Pool is open and has a full bathhouse and kiddie pool.
The Mayco Bigelow Center has a multi-purpose room, gym and the Sertoma Building available for rental for family reunions, churches, or large gatherings. To schedule a rental, please call the center at (336) 222-5138. All facility deposit fees will be returned after the rental has been inspected and found to be clean.
Multi-Purpose Room Rental
- City Residents: $100 plus $100 Facility Deposit
- Non-Residents: $200 plus $100 Facility Deposit
- Type A - local athletics, non-profit, civic, religious
- City Resident: $40 plus $20 Supervisory Fee Per Hour, $100 Facility Deposit, $25 Late Fee
- Non-Resident: $80 plus $20 Supervisory Fee Per Hour, $100 Facility Deposit, $25 Late Fee
- Type B - non-profit commercial, where admission is charged, tickets, or merchandise is sold
- City Resident: $210 plus $20 Supervisory Fee Per Hour, $100 Facility Deposit, $25 Late Fee
- Non-Resident: $420 plus $20 Supervisory Fee per Hour, $100 Facility Deposit, $25 Late Fee
- Type C - commercial program by individual or organization for private gain
- City Resident: $370 plus $20 Supervisory Fee Per Hour, $100 Facility Deposit, $25 Late Fee
- Non-Resident: $740 plus $20 Supervisory Fee Per Hour, $100 Facility Deposit, $25 Late Fee
The 1,008 square foot game room is stocked with a pool table, air hockey, Pump it Up (FX) DDR, and action soccer. Watch your favorite program on the 56” big screen TV. All games are coin operated. Call for our birthday packages, a great place to have your next birthday party.
The Sertoma Building is an enclosed shelter with central heat and A/C, full kitchen and accessible restrooms. Nestled beneath shade trees and with two playgrounds nearby, the Sertoma Building serves as an excellent location for family gatherings up to 100 people.
- City Residents: $130 plus $100 Facility Deposit
- Non Residents: $260 plus $100 Facility Deposit
- All rentals require signed contract and payment.
- Attendance determines Supervisory Staff needed.
North Park in Motion
North Park In Motion began with a grant funded by North Carolina Wellness & Trust Fund and Fit Community. The center received $54,000 to develop active living through biking, walking and dancing. The grant ended 2010, but the department continues to offer programs for the community. The center offers dance classes that are free to dancers of all ages and all levels of experience.
The North Park in Motion Leadership Board meets the first Thursday of the month at 6pm at the Mayco Bigelow Community Center. If you are interested in organizing and leading your community, you are invited to attend. Call (336) 222-5138 or stop by the center to talk with Center Director, William Gattis, for registration information.
Summer Camp Field Trips
Camp Directors bring your campers to experience North Park in Motion. A visit includes 2 hours with access to large gym for basketball or other organized games, try out the new Dance Studio, Play pool, foosball, air hockey, and arcade games in the Game Room (all games are $.50 each).
Call Vanessa Stone at (336) 222-5138 today to sign your camp up for a visit!
•Available: Monday - Friday from 9am to 11am or 1pm-3pm
•Cost: $1 per child
Inspiring Artistic Motivation in Movement Dance Company (I.A.M.M. Dance Company)
North Park in Motion presents low-cost weekly dance class sessions to the community. Space is limited. For more information, please call (336) 222-5138. Participants must pre-register to secure spot in session.
No classes are offered over the summer. Please check back for details on the Fall dance programs.
• Lyrical – Interpretive dance style. Uses song lyrics as guide for choreography. Emotionally expressive. Incorporates elements of ballet and jazz. Black t-shirt and loose fitting black pants. No shoes needed.
• Jazz – Lively, energetic dance style. Also expressive. Please wear fitted shirt and black jazz pants. Flexible jazz shoes (not jazz sneakers) needed.
• Modern – Much different than traditional ballet. Incorporates floor work and emphasizes the articulation of contraction and release of the abdomen. Please wear t-shirt and opaque leggings or loose-fitting pants. No shoes needed.
Farm Fresh at the Park
Thursdays from 3:30 – 6:30pm
North Park in Motion connects the Burlington community to local produce from Woods Farm (5623 Byrd Road, Burlington, NC 27217). Upcoming farm grown produce includes kale, turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens, spaghetti squash, big boy peas & sweet potatoes. The farm stand will run until the end of October. Come out to the North Park for a local taste of fall! For more information, please call (336) 421-3814.
Cost: $5 buys you a plot for the whole year!
Plots are still available on a first come, first serve basis. No prior gardening experience necessary. For more information, please call (336) 222-5138.
Weekly Programs & Classes
The gym is open for basketball during designated hours. The daily for is $1 for City Residents and $2 for Non-Residents. An annual gym membership my be purchased for $25 City Resident and $25 for Non-Resident (must be age 18 or older).
The game room is open and all the games are free. Come hang out and have fun!
Senior Adult Bingo
Tuesdays at 9am
Everyone is asked to bring two prizes. For more information, call (336) 222-5138.