City of Burlington Aquatics (COBA) Division
1333 Overbrook Rd. Burlington, NC 27215
2/5/2019 The Maynard Aquatics Center Update:
The necessary replacement parts (many of them custom) have been identified and ordered. City staff is now awaiting the parts’ arrival. These parts will be installed as they arrive. This work will repair the deficiencies identified in the structural engineers report after the shackle failure that occurred in December 2018. Barring any unforeseen circumstances the Maynard Aquatics Center is working towards a April opening. The Alamance County YMCA will continue to accommodate MAC pass holders at its pool facility.
The City is grateful for our community partners that have come together during this unexpected closure to provide aquatic facility use to MAC Patrons. The Alamance County Community YMCA is currently accommodating MAC pass holders at its pool facility at no additional charge. They are also offering pool access to non-YMCA members for $3.00 during specified times (I’ve attached information from the YMCA regarding their availability to MAC swimmers). Elon Campus Rec is also partnering with the City to provide use of their aquatic facility to area school swim teams who use the MAC as their practice facility and home pool for swim meets. The YMCA and Elon University worked very quickly to provide creative solutions to make sure that MAC patrons have options available to them while our facility is closed for evaluation and repair.
We can't thank you enough for your patience and promise to move as quickly as possible to reopen the MAC. Stay tuned for updates as they become available.
***BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2018 ALL PATRONS MUST PAY TO ENTER THE MAYNARD AQUATIC CENTER AND NORTH PARK POOL***
- Maynard Aquatic Center : referred to as the MAC offers year-round programming with a zero depth water entry.
- North Park Pool : an outdoor summer pool with a great diving board and separate kiddie pool.
- Camp Green Leaves Pool : an unique rental only facility with a picnic and playground area.
- Splash Park : COBA's newest facility made possible by a grant from Impact Alamance (2016) is the state-of-the-art Splash Park.
- Be sure to check out the rules for all of our facilities!