Our community shows their appreciation for the Burlington Police Department in many ways. Below are just some examples of the kind words and thoughtful acts shared with the department or specific members to show the support and involvement we have with our citizens.
For any feedback you have regarding interactions with our department please click here
- Ms. R came to the PD to lift up the police department and the officer that assisted her with her lost purse. Ms. R said she panicked when she could not find her purse after going to pay some bills and called the PD. Ms. R said the officer who responded went beyond what was required of them, searching her vehicle, the house, and even contacting the credit card company for her. Ms. R wanted everyone to know what a good job Ofc. Arcos did.
- Ms. M complemented Ofc. George who visited her home after she called the BPD in reference to a strange car parked in front of her home. Ms. M's home was broken so she was frightened. According to Ms. M, Ofc. George was absolutely fabulous! She was professional, kind, and understanding. She stated that Ofc. George had "spunk"
- "Just a 'little' note to let you know how much I really appreciate the coin y'all sent me - I will always cherish it as I cherish the memories of your wonderful unselfish people. You are always welcome to visit here. Chris, like Dorothy said to the Scarecrow 'I will miss you most of all.' You all were so wonderful and are really an asset to the community. I will always remember you. -K
- A note from our Facebook page: "Chief, I have to say that the Burlington Police Department is one of the best in Alamance County! I and my children have always had positive encounters when we have visited the police department. My children are given coloring books, badges, and even a tour of both the police department including one of the police cars. I wish I knew the names of all of the police officers and I would say 'thank you' to them all. I have been on the wrong side of the law in the past and even had some mental problems which included thoughts of suicide, however, the police officers have always made me feel like family and keeping me from hurting myself." - Christopher
- A local community watch dropped off a note: "This is just a note of thanks to you and your officers for the quick and great job done in the cleaning up of that drug enterprise at 238 Rolling Rd."
- Officer S. Gardner received some feedback from a resident; "...He was extremely helpful, professional, and respectful. It was wonderful to be treated with such respect....It is rare to receive service that exceeds expectations but PO Gardner did that today..."
- Mr. G contacted administration to say how grateful he was to retired Captain Smith and Officer Gardner for their assistance in a personal family situation. He stated that he contacted Capt. Smith, and Ofc. Gardner was the responding officer who assisted him with his issue. He was very grateful for their assistance and concern.
- Our thanks to Pinnacle Financial Partners for dropping off some pizza for the department's lunch. PFP graciously dropped off lunch as a way of showing their appreciation for the department.
Included in this collection is a poem written as a tribute to law enforcement, "Their Lives for Ours":
When was the last time you considered?The risks a law enforcement officer takes?We expect them to perform to perfectionWith little or no room for making mistakes
Optimistically we rise daily, routine chores a givenDressed up, dressed down, or in our Sunday best.Not law enforcement who must wear uniforms,Guns, hand cuffs sometimes bullet-proof vests.
We go about our work or play dayHoping no violence or crimes we see.What comfort in knowing we have law enforcementLaying down their lives for us, if need be.
We have no worries knowing help is a call away.And at day's end we will return safely home.Law enforcement officers' duties do not end at sunsetSome of them do not live to go home.
Wonder if they think of this when leaving home for workSaying goodbye to family, with sworn duties to perform.No safety net is guaranteed to thoseWho choose to wear a law enforcement uniform?
"Thank you" seems too simple and wholly inadequateNo pay check large enough to payThose dedicated men and women facing crisis controlEndangering their lives for us every day.