2021 Day Camps
Each Summer Day Camp offers a unique and individual camp experience to participants. Your child will enjoy exciting adventures outdoors, organized games, and tons more with a caring and responsible staff to lead the way!
Summer Day Camps operate June 7 - August 13. Camp hours are Monday - Friday from 7:30am – 5:30pm (7:00am – 5:30pm at Fairchild & Grove Park sites).
To make camp possible during the Pandemic, we will be reducing camper attendance numbers and camp sites this summer. The document below includes information regarding precautions that Burlington Recreation and Parks will implement this summer.
The following are the site locations we will be offering:
- Camp Fairchild (40)
- Camp Grove Park (25)
- Camp Overbrook (40)
- Camp St. Mark’s (50)
- Camp Thataways (25)
Due to the feasibility of social distancing and transportation protocols, Camp Elon and Camp Explorer’s will not be operating this summer.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 Burlington Recreation and Parks will enforce social distancing, increased cleaning and sanitizing protocols and face masks where necessary.
Before your camper can attend, parents will be asked to provide a signed copy of The City of Burlington’s Liability Wavier Release for Communicable Diseases.
Registration for 2021 Summer Day Camp will begin Wednesday, March 10!
Online and in-person registration starts promptly at 8am on March 10. Spaces are limited. Spaces cannot be reserved or guaranteed. If registering in person, we cannot guarantee a spot during the waiting period (see procedure for registering in-person below).
Summer Camp registration can now be completed online using Civic Rec by clicking here. Select the "Camps & Childcare" tab.
Prior to camp registration day, it is highly recommended that you create your account in Civic Rec.
- Please see “Creating Your BRPD Civic Rec Account” for details on how to set up your account.
- If you need any assistance with setting up your account, please call 336-222-5030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If registering in person on March 10, 2021:
- Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the amount of people allowed into the BRPD Main Office at once. Therefore, registrations will be accepted on a waiting system. When you arrive at the BRPD Main Office, you will be asked for your phone number and placed onto a waiting list. You will be asked to wait in your car and office staff will call when you can return to the building to register your camper. You will be placed on the waitlist on a first come, first served basis. Please expect a wait as we work to keep everyone safe.*Appointments are not required for the 1st day of registration.*
- If registering in person after March 10, 2021:
- You must make an appointment by calling the BRPD Main Office at (336) 222-5030. The office is open Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO REGISTER
- Completed 2021 Summer Camp Registration Form (forms are also available at registration)
- Registration forms will be electronic for those registering online. When answering the required questions regarding your camper, please be as thorough as possible to better help our counselors.
- A minimum of 20% deposit on each week needed for camp or payment in full
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- If registering online, birth certificates are not required for initial registration. However, Supervisors reserve the right to request birth certificates at any time to verify your campers age.
- Proof of address (driver’s license or current utility bill)
Additional Items due before camp begins
- Copy of Custody Documents (if needed)
- Medication Packets
- If your camper will be bringing medication to camp, please download and complete the Medication Policy Packet & Action Plan. Packets may take up to 2 weeks to process if completed correctly and depending on the medication. Packets require the signature of a medical doctor. Packets do not transfer from program to program.
- Due by May 14, 2021 or before the start of camp. Campers may not bring medication to camp unless the packet is received and processed.
Forms & Additional Info
- 2021 Quick Day Camp Guide
- 2021 Camp Registration Form
- NEW: 2021 Summer Day Camp Updates
- Liability Wavier Release for Communicable Diseases
- Medication Policy Packet & Action Plan
- Additional Medical Support - Diabetes Management Plan
- Additional Medical Support - Seizure Action Plan
- Summer Camp Job Openings (coming soon)
- Volunteer Information & Application
- To reduce the amount of individuals inside the camp site, we will not be accepting volunteers this summer.
Birth certificates may be requested to verify a child’s age.
To be eligible for Day Camps: 1) a child must have completed kindergarten AND 2) be 6 years old on or before August 31, 2021.
payments There are 2 payments options for Summer Day Camps:
- Paid In Full: All 10 weeks of camp are paid in full at the time of registration.
- Payment Plan: For those wishing to pay weekly, you will be set up on a payment plan in which you must pay off all the weeks needed for camp by June 1, 2021. A 20% deposit on each week is required at the time of registration. You can pay on your account at any time for any amount as long as your account balance is paid off by June 1, 2021. Any remaining balance will result in loss of those weeks and the 20% down payment. After June 1st, any unpaid weeks will be available to the public for open enrollment.
- Make sure to include the following on your check/money order: driver’s license #, phone #, child's name, camp site, week
- Mail to the following address: Burlington Recreation & Parks, ATTN: Youth Programs P.O. Box 1358, Burlington NC 27216
- Payments sent by mail must be received prior to the week attending.
sign up for notify me
Sign up for Notify Me and we will keep you up to date about summer information and registration. Register for Notify Me Notifications to receive phone calls, text messages, and/or emails from any combination of subscription lists from the City of Burlington. You can tailor your topic selection to your interests and select your preferred method of message receipt. Visit www.BurlingtonNC.gov/NotifyMe to subscribe!
LUNCH & PM SNACK INFORMATION
USDA Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
2021 Tentative Dates (10 weeks): June 7 - August 13, 2021
Approved Sites: Camp Fairchild, Camp Grove Park, Camp Overbrook, Camp St. Mark’s & Camp Thataways
Sponsored by ABSS Child Nutrition
- 2021 Lunch Menu (coming soon)
- 2021 Afternoon Snack Menu (coming soon)
- Medical Statement for Children with Special Nutritional Needs for SFSP Meals (coming soon)
RISING 1ST GRADERS - 12 YEARS OLD*see age requirements
Due to the COVID-19 PANDEMIC, site locations and camper attendance numbers have been MODIFIED
Fairchild Community Center
827 S. Graham Hopedale Rd., Burlington, NC 27217
Enrollment Limit: 40
About: Camp Fairchild takes place at Fairchild Park. The campers have access to a two softball fields, playground area, tennis courts, greenway, shaded patio, multi-purpose room, & double gym (cooled with fans).
Grove Park Elementary School
141 Trail One, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 25
*Camp may be relocated Week 10*
About: As a partnership with the Alamance-Burlington School System, this camp site includes access to an air conditioned gym, blacktop, and open field, as well as the library & cafeteria space for low energy activities.
Burlington City Park - Homebuilder's Building
1435 Overbrook Road, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 40
About: Camp Overbrook offers an outdoor camp experience featuring the Burlington City Park as its backyard. Campers utilize the Homebuilder's Building as its home base, as well as the Jaycee and Exchange buildings for lunch and indoor activities. The campers have access to Field #1, greenway, and outdoor play areas.
St. Mark's Church
1230 St. Marks Church Road, Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 50
About: As a partnership with the St. Mark's Church, campers utilize the youth activity center, atrium, playground, and an open field next to the church.
Thataways Youth Center
1331 Overbrook Rd., Burlington, NC 27215
Enrollment Limit: 25
About: Camp Thataways is a camp created just for 2021. Thataways offers various arcade games, a pool table, foosball table, air hockey, concessions area and dance floor. Campers will utilize the air conditioned building and back patio and field.
Due to social distancing limitations and bus sanitizing protocols, we will not be operating field trips this summer.
If you are interested in being a special guest for camp sites, please call (336) 222-5072.
PAID IN FULL CAMP FEES
If paying in full, the complete "10 Week" fee must be paid at time of registration & before June 1, 2021. Payments cannot be made towards the pay in full option. No exceptions. There is no registration fee or supply fee for the program.
BURLINGTON CITY RESIDENT / NON-RESIDENT
1st CHILD $600 / $750
ADDITIONAL CHILDREN $500 / $650
WEEKLY CAMP FEES
For those wishing to pay weekly, you must select all the weeks needed for the summer at the time of registration. You will be set up on a payment plan in which you must pay off all the weeks needed for camp by June 1, 2021. A 20% deposit on each week is required at the time of registration. You can pay on your account at any time for any amount as long as your account balance is paid off by June 1, 2021. Any remaining balance will result in loss of those weeks and the 20% down payment. After June 1st, any unpaid weeks will be available to the public for open enrollment.
BURLINGTON CITY RESIDENT / NON-RESIDENT
1st CHILD $70 / $85
ADDITIONAL CHILDREN $60 / $75
DAY CAMP cancellation POLICY
Burlington Recreation and Parks reserves the right to cancel a program, including when a program’s minimum enrollment is not met or health and safety guidelines change. In the event of program cancellation, the department will attempt to provide as much advance notice and accommodation as possible. In addition, the department reserves the right to alter schedules, fess and instructors as necessary. In the event the department cancels a program, registration fees are 100% refundable.
If an account balance is not paid off by June 1, 2021, refunds will be issued for any unpaid weeks minus the 20% down payment. Refunds will be issued until June 4, 2021, less the 20% down payment per week. Any requests for a refund after this date must be submitted in writing for extenuating circumstances only, as determined by the program supervisor. Refunds may take up to 2-4 weeks to process and will be sent via check to the payee. Payments made with a check may take longer to process.
There are no transferable options once a week has been paid. Unused days cannot be transferred to another week. Camp payments cannot be transferred to other Burlington Recreation & Parks programs. No refund will be issued for non-attendance or non-participation in summer camps. Weeks cannot be transferred between siblings or other accounts.