Adventure & Outdoor Programs for Kids
BASIC ARCHERY INSTRUCTION FOR YOUTH
Dates: Coming Fall 2018!
Cost: Free, all equipment will be provided. Registration required.
Location: Lake Mackintosh Park & Marina at the Clubhouse (temporary indoor archery range)
Participants will be taken through a lesson promoting safety and archery basics encouraging a focus on performing a proper shot: featuring an introduction to archery, safety on the range, using a string bow, and 11 steps of archery success through the NASP curriculum.
Archery equipment will be provided by the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission’s North Carolina Hunter Education Program through an enhancement federal grant from the Pittman-Roberson Act. Participants may bring a water bottle with their name on it and a healthy snack. Please wear comfortable clothing and tennis shoes.
For more information, please call (336) 229-3150. Register online or call (336) 229-3150. Space is limited; all participants must pre-register and complete a registration form with liability waiver the day of the program.
Nature Play programs are geared to get families outdoors in nature, learning, playing and having fun! Some of them include more education and some are purely fun! All ages are welcome, but minors must be accompanied by a participating adult. These programs are free or low cost, but space is limited for all programs and registration is required! Learn more about upcoming Nature Play programs at Outdoor Programs.
CRAFTY RECYCLABLE COLLECTION
Specific recyclable & reusable items are being collected at the Burlington Recreation & Parks Main Office to be used throughout youth programs for arts & crafts, as well as nature and gardening activities for children of all ages. Please make sure donated items are empty & clean.
Items needed include:
- paper towel tubes (no toilet paper tubes)
- pie tins (small & large)
- paint stirrers
- broken terra cotta or ceramic flower pots
- broken plates (the more color, the better!)
- stuffed animals (various wildlife animals)
- potting soil
- grapevines or flexible willow branches
- small, dried canes of bamboo
- old compact discs (CDs)
Previous & Upcoming Programs
- Backyard Nature Adventure
- Basic Archery Instruction for Youth
- Beginner Paddle Camp
- Bluebird Trail Monitoring
- Boating Safety Courses
- Children's Garden at Forest Hills Community Center
- Children's Natural Area at Thataways
- Disc Golf Camp
- Exploring Little Alamance Creek
- Fishing Camp
- Girl's Adventure Camp
- Horseback Riding Camp
- Hunter Education Programs
- Make A Difference Day Youth Projects
- Nature Adventure Camp
- Orienteering Programs
- Paddle Palooza
- Spring Steppers Walking Adventures
- Streamside Haw River Watch Monitoring Training
- Wildlife Camp
If you would like to learn more about how your organization or business can partner with Burlington Recreation & Parks and assist in the coordination of adventure and outdoor programs, please email us.