2019 Free Bulk Waste Collection
In an effort to assist residents in their spring cleaning, Burlington City Council will waive bulk waste collection fees starting on March 4. The promotion will run until April 26. Only residential sanitation customers that currently receive bulk collection services are eligible for this promotion. The normal bulk collection fees are $6.75 per “bite” of the bulk trucks.
Pickups for bulk waste occur on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and are collected by specially-equipped trucks. Residents must place all bulk waste out one day prior to their neighborhood’s normal trash pickup day. Residents must separate bulk waste by category: bulk junk, white goods and metals, and bulk yard waste. Several pickups may be needed to collect all items.
Bulk waste includes items such as mattresses, furniture, rolled carpet, metals, yards waste, bulk limbs, and appliances. Items such as scrap tires, lead acid batteries, oyster shells, lumber, building materials, and auto parts will not be collected.
For a full list of what can and cannot be collected, and for more information on Bulk Collection, go to http://www.burlingtonnc.gov/BulkWaste. Questions and concerns may be directed to the Burlington Sanitation Division at 336.222.5111 or by email at kmurray@BurlingtonNC.gov.
- Bulk trash includes items such as furniture, mattresses, rolled carpet/padding, appliances, metals, electronic waste (TV's, computers, etc.), bulk limbs, and yards waste.
- Fees will be accessed for bulk piles that exceed 3 cubic yards according to the fee schedule.
- Bulk trash/limbs are collected on a convenience schedule (not guaranteed same-day pickup) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday by specially equipped vehicles.
- If items are too large to fit into the collection vehicle, they WILL NOT be picked up.
- Tires, batteries, building materials, lumber, closed containers (such as oil drums), automobile parts, liquids, chemicals, hazardous wastes, recyclables, logs and stumps WILL NOT be picked up. Do not place these items on the City right-of-way.
- Bulk trash WILL NOT be collected from businesses or institutions.
- Trash must be separated by content (metals/brush/other trash), and may involve multiple pickups.