The Professional Standards Division is responsible for the department's budget, research, grants, payroll, policy review, and recruitment. The division includes the Records Division and Crime Analysis Unit. They handle recruitment for the department of police officers, telecommunicators, and various civilian positions, which includes the application process, background screening, and processing new hires.
"The Burlington Police Department is committed to improving the quality of life, in partnership with our community, through fair and professional police services."
Click here to add lead-in text.
- We respect the rights, liberties, and dignity of all; serving with compassion, respect, and courtesy.
- We believe that citizen involvement is crucial to improving the quality of life in our community.
- We recognize the value and importance of professionalism, planning, teamwork, and integrity in providing quality police services.
- We continuously seek to improve our ability to provide public safety through proactive crime prevention and community policing strategies, use of technology, and compliance with standards established by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.
- We value and recognize the importance of or employees and their contributions.
- We take pride in the dedication, loyalty, integrity, professionalism, and leadership of our employees.
- We are committed to providing each employee the necessary training, resources, and opportunities for them to achieve their full potential.
- We value and recognize the importance of all members of our diverse community and their contributions and concerns.
- Preserving the sanctity of life
- Nurture and protect democracy
- Ensure procedural justice and fundamental fairness
- Spirit of service
- Protect the community from the harm
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect - the ethical foundation of policing